Public participation in the drafting and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
UGlobe, the Utrecht Centre for Global Challenges, together with the Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL) and the Netherlands Society for the United Nations, invite you to join the event ‘”Public participation in the drafting and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”.
The focus of this event will be on the influence of direct participation in the drafting of the SDGs by representatives of the development world and the world of environmental protection. Indeed, there exist entities active in the field of development – think of corporations – and entities striving to protect the environment – think of NGOs. These entities often appear to exist in two separate worlds. Our aim is to analyse how the drafting process of the SDGs has attempted to bring these two worlds together by allowing their active participation in the drafting, and to assess to what extent this participation of representatives of both these worlds has influenced the content of the SDGs.
Doors open at 14.30, with coffee and tea served
- 15.00-15.30: Introduction
- 15.00-15.10 Welcome by Cedric Ryngaert (UGlobe)
- 15.10-15.20 Otto Spijkers and Ursula Zampieri: Introducing the theme
- 15.20-16.05: First Panel on Public participation in drafting of the goals. Chaired by Marleen van Rijswick (UCWOSL)
- 15.20-15.35: Peter van der Vliet (BuZa),
- 15:35-15.50: Edith van Ewijk (Kaleidos)
- 15.50-16.05: Q&A
- 16.05-16.35: Second Panel on Public participation in implementation of the goals: Chaired by Simone Filippini (NVVN)
- 16.05-16.20: Hugo von Meijenfeldt (BuZa)
- 16.20-16.35: Q&A
- 16.35-17.00: Concluding reflections
- 16.35-16.55: Werner Scholtz (University of the Western Cape, South Africa)
- 16.55-17.00: Conclusions and thank you by Ursula Zampieri and Otto Spijkers
Please register by sending an email to Otto Spijkers, firstname.lastname@example.org.